Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gracefield.

Lately, I have been lacking beauty and inspiration in my life. I was overwhelmed by questions that didn't seem to have answer, a weird feeling of deja-vu & some insanity. I needed to get everything out through what I know best: creation. Below, you will find a video I made earlier this day. It's an ode to every feeling and stage in life. Love, freedom, anger, loss, destruction, happiness, nostalgia, rise & falls...You will have a glimpse of my (usually) very private artistic universe (Lana Del Rey, Grace Kelly: my biggest inspiration, Hilary Duff, Las Vegas, Umm Kulthum, Woodstock Festival, among many others). I chose the song "The Funeral - Band of Horses" for almost the same reasons as I chose those videos. It's a song about having to face death and loss over and over in life. At some point, it is just a habit and we're always ready for the funeral.

For copyright reasons, here are the videos I used:

Lana Del Rey - Ride
Titanic Trailer
Project X Trailer
Umm Kulthum - Enta Omri
Leopard
Woodstock 1969
Grace Kelly
Hilary Duff
Las Vegas 1993
Kanye West - Mercy
Band of Horses - The Funeral
Coeur de Pirate - Comme des enfants
Free fall
David Lynch/Lykke Li - I'm waiting here
9/11

I hope you can see through the blurred lines.
Boussa





1 comment: